Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Books Read in December





December was a typically busy holiday month, but with audios and graphic novels, I still managed to read six books last month:

  • Page by Paige by Laura Lee Gulledge, teen/YA graphic novel (NYC)
  • Us by David Nicholls, audio book novel (England/Europe)
  • Hild by Nicola Griffith (England)



Out of six books, 3 were for adults, 2 for teen/YA, and one for children. Three were audios (even in a busy month, I can still listen!) and two were graphic novels. I enjoyed them all, but Us was by far my favorite - a wonderful, moving, funny novel that was excellent on audio.

I spent much of my reading month immersed in England, and I added no new states or countries to my Where Are You Reading Challenge 2014 (end of the year is always tough for adding new locations). I read not a single book from my TBR shelves in December for my 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge, making it a truly dismal year for TBR reading! I listened to three more audio books for my 2014 Audio Book Challenge for a total of 26 last year - woohoo! No more nonfiction books for my Nonfiction Reading Challenge, nor any more Classics. And for my new Travel the World in Books Challenge, just started in September, I'm going to count Hild, because although it was set in England which I'm familiar with, it took place in the 7th century, and it was definitely eye-opening learning about that place in that time.

What was your favorite book(s) read in December? 

No comments:

Post a Comment