Thursday, March 13, 2014

Books Read in February


Yet another snow storm...will this winter ever end?
Yes, yes, I am late again with my monthly summary. This year got off to a rough start, so I seem to be constantly playing catch-up. But here it is, finally - my February summary! It was actually an excellent reading month, both in quantity and quality, in spite of being such a short month. Here's all that I finished last month:
  • Moloka'i by Alan Brennert, historical fiction (Hawaii)
  • The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides, literary fiction (Rhode Island)
  • Thin Space by Jody Casella, a teen/YA novel (Massachusetts)

  • The Good Sister by Wendy Corsi Staub, a thriller on audio (New York)
  • The Unfinished Life of Elizabeth D. by Nichole Bernier, fiction (Massachusetts)
  • 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam, nonfiction

  • Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo, middle-grade audio
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth, teen/YA audio (Illinois)
  • Zane and the Hurricane by Rodman Philbrick, middle-grade fiction (Louisiana)


Can you believe it? I finished 9 books in February! To be fair,  I started a couple of them in January - in fact, ironically, the time management book took me a full two months to finish (I guess I really don't have more time than I think!). I liked every single book on this list, so it's hard to pick a favorite...I guess that would be a tie between Moloka'i and The Unfinished Life of Elizabeth D. - both were excellent, engaging novels. I read a nice mix - 4 adult novels, 1 nonfiction book, 2 teen/YA novels, 2 middle-grade novels, and three of the books were audios.

Update on 2014 Reading Challenges:
I added six states to my Where Are You Reading Challenge 2014 (it's easy at the beginning of the year!).  I read just one from my TBR shelves, Insurgent, for my 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge. At this rate, my TBR bookcase will burst! I need to stop going to the library for a while.  I listened to three audio book for my 2014 Audio Book Challenge, so that one's going well so far. I finally read one nonfiction book!  But no classics yet.

What was your favorite book read in February?


1 comment:

  1. I loved: Moloka'i by Alan Brennert, and The Marriage Plot.

    Great month Sue

    ReplyDelete