July was a good reading month, continuing with my Big Book Summer Challenge and also squeezing in lots of smaller books. I finished:
- Cardboard, a graphic novel by Doug Tennapel
- The Postmistress, a novel set at the start of World War II by Sarah Blake
- Ready Player One, a novel by Ernest Cline
- Sharp North, a teen/YA dystopian novel by Patrick Cave, read for the Big Book Summer Challenge
- Drama, a graphic novel by Raina Telgemeier
- Amulet: Prince of the Elves, a graphic novel by Kazu Kibushi
- Bird and Squirrel on the Run!, a graphic novel by James Burks
I made some progress in my 2012 challenges: I added only one new state to my Where Are You Reading 2012 Challenge: Ready Player One takes place in Oklahoma (in 2045 but it's still Oklahoma!). None of the graphic novels actually specified a location. Sharp North counted for both my Dystopian Challenge and my 12 in '12 Challenge to read 12 books from my TBR shelf. And I added 1 book to my What's In a Name Challenge (don't you think you might find Cardboard in a backpack? maybe?). And I added another book, Sharp North, to my own Big Book Summer Challenge.
So, I had a pretty good reading month in July. How about you? What was your favorite book read last month?