Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Top Ten Book Club Picks

Today is Tuesday, and that means it's Top Ten day over at The Broke and the Bookish!  Today's topic is Top Ten Books Book Club Picks.  Back in 2009, when I used to do my own Top Ten Tuesday lists, I posted a list of favorite book club picks (check out my earlier list), so I thought today I would stick to books I have read since then.  Some of these I did read for one of my book groups; others I read on my own but was dying to talk about them with someone!  What all of these books have in common is that they are not only interesting and well-written but guaranteed to spark some good discussions.  I skipped over the obvious choices and tried to highlight some you may not be familiar with:

Top Ten Book Club Picks:
My two book groups are always looking for new ideas.  What books do you think would make great book group picks?

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading Cleopatra's Daughter and so far it's just as good as the other two books I've read by Moran. I haven't read anything else on your list but quite of few of them, especially The Heretic's Daughter sound real good. In my book club we read Fingersmith by Sarah Waters and it was a really really discussion. You can see the rest of my list here href="http://www.onthewingsofbooks.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesday-3-book-club-books.html">My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. some good stuff there. the bee-loud glade by steve himmer has been popular around here for book clubs, and anythin g by julia glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not aware of any of these titles, but they sound intriguing!

    Found your post at TBT linky party at Moms Small Victories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will have to add a few of these to my to read list! They sound great!

    ReplyDelete