Today's topic is Top Ten Unread Books On My Shelf. This was a very easy list for me - I could have listed 20 or 30 Unread Books on My Shelf easily! So, I decided to go with the spirit of the week's topic and focus on the REALLY old books on my TBR shelf - those I keep meaning to get to but never seem to...
- Emma by Jane Austen - this had to be #1 because I've been meaning to read something of Jane Austen's for years and bought this book a very long time ago.
- Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut - ditto
- The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant - my mom lent this to me years ago.
- Peony in Love by Lisa See - another one my mom lent me.
- The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson - I got this for Ken as a gift one year and have been meaning to read it ever since; Bryson is a favorite.
- The Counterlife OR Exit Ghost by Philip Roth - I've never read a Roth novel and both of these are waiting patiently on my shelf.
- Breathless by Dean Koontz - I don't read many Koontz novels these days, but Ken says this one was great.
- Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand - a special author for me because she has the same illness I have. It's been on my shelf since last Christmas.
- Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver - my friends have been recommending this to me for years!
- The Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love by Oscar Hijuelos - I saved this one for last because it has probably been on my TBR shelf for 10 years or more! Both my mom and Ken keep saying I must read it.
sigh....so many good books and so little time...
How about you? What books have been sitting on your shelf waiting to be read?