Thursday, November 10, 2011

Books Read in October

The months just fly by this time of year, now that Halloween is past.  I'm a bit behind in summarizing October, but better late than never, right?  That's pretty much my personal credo these days!

I read seven books in October, a bit more than usual for me but one was a picture book!
So, that's 3 teen/YA books, 1 picture book, and 3 grown-up books: 1 novel, 1 nonfiction, and 1 memoir.  A very nice mix!  And, look at that, I wrote reviews for almost all of them already (I plan to do the last one tomorrow) - unheard of for me to be that caught up!  So, my favorite book of the month?  Ooh, tough choice because they were all so very different, and I enjoyed them all.  I can't choose - it's between Linger, Forever, and The Eleventh Plague (all the teen novels).

Where Are You Reading Challenge Update: I already had a pin in Minnesota for Shiver.  The author Trail of Crumbs has lived in Korea, Sweden, and France, but I put the pin in New Orleans, where she spent her childhood because it is also near and dear to my heart!  The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie takes place in a fictional English town, but there is a reference to nearby York, so I stuck the pin near there.  Since The Eleventh Plague takes place in a post-apocalyptic U.S., it's hard to tell where the characters are, but they mention a nearby Fort Leonard, and I found one in the existing state of Missouri, so that's where I stuck that pin.  That brings my total tally up to 15 different states and 8 countries outside of the U.S.:


View Where I Am Reading 2011 in a larger map

For my Fall Into Reading Challenge, which is already at the halfway point, I have read 4 of my list of 10 grown-up books and 4 out of 10 kids/teen/YA books.  So, maybe a little bit behind there, but not too bad.

How was your reading month?  What was your favorite book read this past month?


4 comments:

  1. Sweetness is on my to-read list right now! I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good October Sue! I do like the Flavia DeLuce novels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a great month of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit behind on commenting here, but you did very well in October. And you're moving along with the challenges. The Where are you Reading pinning has been fun even though I'll never get to 50 states!

    ReplyDelete