Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Top Ten Sequels We're Dying To Read

It's Tuesday and that means Top Ten day over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Head over there and check out the long list of Top Ten links and join in the fun!  Today's topic is Top Ten Sequels We're Dying to Read.

This was a very easy list for me to make over at my other blog, Great Books for Kids and Teens, because so many kid/teen books are part of a series now.  I could have made a list of 20 books there!  But in going over the grown-up books I've read over the past several years, I realized something: I rarely read grown-up series.  Most of the books I read are stand-alones, and I kind of like it that way - there's such a big commitment in reading a series!

So, I also polled my husband, Ken, for this list, and here are our Top Five Sequels We're Dying To Read:

  1. Sequel to The Passage by Justin Cronin (Sue) - talk about a commitment, a sequel to an 800-page book!
  2. Smokin’ Seventeen by Janet Evanovich (Sue) - a bit of fun fluff!
  3. Next Jack Reacher book by Lee Child (Ken)
  4. Sequels to Tropic of Night by Michael Gruber (Ken) - there are 2 of them, out already.
  5. Any Elvis Cole novels by Robert Crais – haven’t been reading them in order (Ken).

That's all we could come up with!  What sequels are you looking forward to?

2 comments:

  1. Sue, you can never go wrong reading the Elvis and Joe books by Robert Crais. I've read them all and am really looking forward to the new one out in Jan.

    Also looking forward to the new Lee Child. I hear it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even seem to commit to reading The Passage, never mind a sequel!

    ReplyDelete