This was a very easy list for me to make over at my other blog, Great Books for Kids and Teens, because so many kid/teen books are part of a series now. I could have made a list of 20 books there! But in going over the grown-up books I've read over the past several years, I realized something: I rarely read grown-up series. Most of the books I read are stand-alones, and I kind of like it that way - there's such a big commitment in reading a series!
So, I also polled my husband, Ken, for this list, and here are our Top Five Sequels We're Dying To Read:
- Sequel to The Passage by Justin Cronin (Sue) - talk about a commitment, a sequel to an 800-page book!
- Smokin’ Seventeen by Janet Evanovich (Sue) - a bit of fun fluff!
- Next Jack Reacher book by Lee Child (Ken)
- Sequels to Tropic of Night by Michael Gruber (Ken) - there are 2 of them, out already.
- Any Elvis Cole novels by Robert Crais – haven’t been reading them in order (Ken).
That's all we could come up with! What sequels are you looking forward to?