It's Tuesday and that means Top Ten day over at The Broke and the Bookish! Head over there and check out all the links. You can also see my list of Top Ten Kids/Teen Books Everyone Has Read But Me over at Great Books for Kids and Teens.
Today's topic is Top Ten Books It Seems Everyone Has Read But Me. This is an easy one for me. I have a long list of classic authors I've never read.
- Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Emma…I have never read a Jane Austen novel (I know, I can hardly believe it myself!)
- Romeo and Juliet – we read plenty of Shakespeare in high school but never this iconic play.
- Anything by Kurt Vonnegut, though Slaughterhouse Five is sitting on my TBR shelf, waiting.
- Dune – my husband’s favorite book of all-time and a sci fi classic.
- Carrie – I read almost every other Stephen King book published over the course of decades but never this first one.
- The Lord of the Rings – we have a beautiful leather-bound copy on the shelf, but I’ve never read it.
- Catch-22, though I really want to read it.
- Gone with the Wind – I’ve seen the movie – does that count?
- Anything by Ernest Hemingway
- Ulysses – I keep thinking I must have read this in school, but I don’t remember reading it.
How about you - what classic or popular books have you never read?