Saturday, September 24, 2016

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI Reading Challenge

I love to read spooky, creepy, suspenseful books in the fall for seasonal fun, so I thoroughly enjoyed participating in the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril (R.I.P) Challenge last year and am joining the fun again this year, hosted by Stainless Steel Droppings!

I have some reading obligations getting in the way - review books and book group selections - but I hope to mostly read creepy stuff through October 31 - now that my kids are grown and out of the house, this puts some fun back into Halloween season again!

Here are some of the books I've set aside for the R.I.P. Challenge this year:



I've also got The Swimmer by Joakim Zander on audio for an upcoming trip with my husband and will comb through my other audio titles for something creepy in October!

I am signing up for Peril the First, aiming to read four books in these categories before the end of October. I've already got a good start (just finished They Are Trying to Break Your Heart and now reading the Gothic classic Wuthering Heights), and I should have a lot of reading time during a week-long vacation.



I will also participate in Peril on the Screen since much of what we watch on TV and movies anyway is suspenseful or thriller-ish, so watch for some R.I.P.-related Movie Mondays & TV Tuesdays here this next month!



So, join the fun! Stop by the R.I.P. Challenge page and sign up - there is a level for just reading 1 book before October 31 and another for just spooky, creepy short stories, so there is something for everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Are you a Wuthering Heights newbie or is this a reread? I love the book myself, and think Emily Bronte was the genius of the family. I have that same pb edition! Happy RIP reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A re-read, Jane, but the last time I read it was in high school when I was 15! I enjoyed it just as much as I did back then :) Though I am missing the class discussion! I had a GREAT English teacher that year!

      Delete