My own Big Book Summer Challenge ends on Monday, and I saw a new challenge for fall that fits perfectly with my usual fall reading plans:
The R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril X Challenge (whew, that's hard to type correctly!) hosted by The Estella Society. Get it? The initials are RIP and it's all about reading creepy, scary stuff. I usually devote October to those kinds of books anyway, so this is a perfect fit for me!
Types of books include but are not limited to:
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.
I am participating at the level of Peril the First - to read 4 books of any length that fit the theme.
Just a quick look at my overflowing TBR shelves reveals lots of great choices, including:
- The Three by Sarah Lotz
- The Martian by Andy Weir (not sure it that fits - it's a thriller - but I want to read it before the movie comes out!)
- The Likeness by Tana French
- Dracula by Bran Stoker (on audio)
- The UnWanteds by Lisa McMann
- The Ear, the Eye and the Arm by Nancy Farmer
- Doll Bones by Holly Black
If you want to join in the fun, head over to The Estella Society and sign up. I'm ready for a spooky fall reading season!
(Throughout the fall, you can visit participants' reviews at this link).