Thursday, September 17, 2015

National Book Award Long Lists Out!

The National Book Award has announced its long list picks for 2015 - you can see them in all categories at this link.

I haven't read any of the fiction picks yet - I better get busy! It goes without saying that I haven't read any of the poetry choices, either.

I am currently reading one of the nonfiction books on the long list - If the Oceans Were Ink by Carla Powers. She's a journalist who has lived in Muslim countries, and the book follows her quest to learn more about the Quran. It's fascinating so far and very thought-provoking.

Of the YA books selected, the only one I've read so far is Bone Gap by Laura Ruby which I listened to on audio and enjoyed (review to come hopefully this week). I also have Challenger Deep by Neal Schusterman (one of my favorite authors) waiting on audio, so I need to get to that one soon.

Which of the National Book Award long-list choices have you read? What are your picks for favorites?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of any of the adult fiction selections. I have, however, read five of the YA selections (all that are currently published.) I think it is really ODD that five of the YA books aren't published yet but they are on the list. Hmm...seems that publishers do the same thing that OSCAR nominees do...push out their good books (movies) right before nominations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's annoying when books are nominated that aren't even available yet! I guess it is any book published in 2015?

      Anyway, I need to get busy and read more of the nominees!

      Sue

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:55 PM

    I haven't read any of them yet! I'm adding a few to my list though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both have some catching up to do then, Kimberly!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I haven't read any of them heh.

    ReplyDelete