I don't really have time for a post today, but the topic intrigued me: Top Ten Authors I Have Read the Most. This will be my best estimate - not an accurate accounting - but these are definitely up there:
- Janet Evanovich (20) - I don't read many series but I have mostly kept up with her fun Stephanie Plum series - perfect light summer reading!
- Stephen King (10-15? 20?) - I haven't read much King in the past two decades (other than his fabulous 11/22/63), but I devoured each of his novels as it came out in the 70's and 80's, along with my mom and dad - we were addicted!
- D. J. MacHale (12) - again, I don't often get hooked on series, but his Pendragon series for teens kept me captivated through all 10 books, plus I read some of his Morpheus Road series, too.
- Jodi Picoult (8 - 10?) - I haven't kept up well with her in the past 5 years or so (though I have her latest on my shelf), but I have read and loved many, many Picoult novels - I love how she shows you the shades of gray in complex situations and makes you think.
- Suzanne Collins (8) - Long before The Hunger Games made her a household name, our family was totally hooked on her Gregor the Overlander series for middle-graders - we read all five books out loud - fabulous!
- Neal Schusterman (9) - If you've never heard me rave about Schusterman, you must be new to my blog! Our whole family loves his books, especially the Everlost series and the Unwind series.
- Barbara Kingsolver (6) - One of my favorite authors. The Poisonwood Bible, The Bean Trees, and Pigs in Heaven are among my favorite books of all time, and I just finished Prodigal Summer (I also read Flight Behavior and Low Tide in Tuscon).
- Geraldine Brooks (5) - Another of my favorite authors, with amazing novels including March, The People of the Book, Caleb's Crossing, and Year of Wonders. I was thrilled to hear her speak in person.
- Maggie Stiefvater (6) - and counting. I loved Shiver, Linger, and Forever, and am enjoying The Raven Boys series. I still have The Scorpio Races waiting on my shelf.
- Chris Bohjalian (5) - I have read The Double Bind, Skeletons at the Feast, Midwives, The Night Strangers, and Before You Know Kindness and have Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands waiting on my TBR bookcase.
Which authors do you read the most?