|My mom and I at Booktopia|
|Ann & Michael, hosts of Booktopia and Books on the Nightstand podcast|
Finally, we played a new game, Bring Your Own Book, that started as a Kickstarter campaign and will be released soon - it's like Apples to Apples with books. The whole evening was a blast - we talked until we were hoarse, laughed like crazy, and made lots of new friends.
|Some of our new friends with their new books after the swap!|
- The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez
- Get in Trouble by Kelly Link (short stories)
- Rainey Royal by Dylan Landis
- Epitaph by Mary Doria Russell
- Fram by Steve Himmer
- Sweetland by Michael Crummey
- An Exaggerated Murder by Josh Cook
- Almost Famous Women by Megan Mayhew Bergman
Each discussion session included about 30 readers, so it was an intimate setting, and we had a chance to really get to know each one and discuss their books in depth. For someone like me who loves book groups, this was nirvana!
|Author Michael Crummey at the Celebration of Authors|
|Me with Cristina Henriquez at Northshire Bookstore|
Have you ever attended a book-related event?