It's Tuesday and that means it's Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish. Head over there and check out all the top ten lists! Today's topic is Top Ten New To Me Authors Read in 2013. This was an easy list for me, since I read a lot of new-to-me authors this past year. In fact, I have a feeling that this list is going to end up overlapping quite a bit with my overall Best of 2013 list.
My Top Ten New To Me Authors Read in 2013:
- M.L. Stedman – The Light Between the Oceans
- Harry Bernstein, 90-something year old author of 3 memoirs, starting with The Invisible Wall and The Dream, both read this year; I can’t wait to read the final book, The Golden Willow.
- Eowyn Ivey – author of The Snow Child
- Karen Thompson Walker – The Age of Miracles - a stunning book.
- Sarah Bird – The Yokota Officer’s Club, read for book group
- Maya Angelou – I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings – how have I never read her books before?
- Adam Johnson – The Orphan Master’s Son – won the Pulitzer and my heart.
- Vanessa Diffenbaugh – The Language of Flowers
- John Boyne – The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - I've heard all of his novels are excellent and I can't wait to read more.
- Ben Fountain – Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, finalist for the National Book Award
Wow, my Best of 2013 list is going to be a tough one this year! For many on this list, I don't know if these were their first books or if they've written others, but I would love to read more from any of these authors!
If you are interested in my Top Ten New To Me Authors of Kids/Teen/YA Books, head over to Great Books for Kids and Teens.
Which were your favorite new-to-you authors read this year?