It's Tuesday and that means it's Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish. Head over there and check out all the top ten lists! Today's topic is Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait to Read. At first, I was going to skip this topic because I don't often read adult series (hop over to Great Books for Kids and Teens to see my list of kid/teen/YA sequels I am looking forward to). But, in looking through my reading journal, I realized there are some books I've enjoyed that have follow-ups - not always typical sequels per se but still - follow-ups I am looking forward to reading. I still couldn't come up with ten, but I got close.
So, without further ado, here are Top Ten (er, Seven) Sequels I Can't Wait to Read:
- Sequels to In the Woods by Tana French, which I just finished last week!
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Aneglou – not sequels exactly but I am looking forward to reading her other memoirs.
- Book 3 after The Passage and The Twelve by Justin Cronin – one of the few adult trilogies I’ve gotten into.
- The Dream, sequel to The Invisible Wall by Harry N. Bernstein, memoirs.
- Dragonfly in Amber, sequel to Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
- Stuck in the Middle with You: a Memoir of Parenting in Three Genders, sequel to She’s Not There, memoirs by Jennifer Finney Boylan.
- How to Wake Up: A Buddhist Inspired Guide to Navigating Joy and Sorrow, sequel to How To Be Sick by Toni Bernhard, a wonderful book by a good friend of mine.
Some of these are already sitting on my shelf, waiting patiently! there is just never enough time to read all the books I want to read.
What sequels are you looking forward to?