2013 is off to a great start, reading wise. January was a super-busy month (my son's birthday is in mid-January, so the holiday season just seems to go on and on for us), but I read quite a few books, including some really great ones:
- The Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede (Iowa)
- Across the Great Barrier by Patricia C. Wrede (Nebraska)
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman (Australia)
- Tales of Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan (Australia)
- Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver (Oklahoma)
- I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg (Alabama)
- Trapped by Michael Northrup (Massachusetts)
So, that's 3 teen/YA novels, 3 adult novels, and I'm not sure how to categorize Tales From Outer Suburbia! I enjoyed all the books and really loved several, but Pigs in Heaven was my #1 favorite, perhaps even in my Top 10 of all time.
2013 Reading Challenges: First month of the year, so I added 5 new states and 1 country to my Where Are You Reading 2013 Challenge (see locations above). I kicked things off with a bang and read 4 books for the the 2013 TBR Pile Challenge - woohoo! No audios and no Books I Should Have Read this month, but it's only January.
What books did you like best in January?