Friday, September 14, 2012

Books Read in August





Yikes.  Here it is, already September 14, and I just realized I hadn't written my August summary yet - that gives you a glimpse into how September is shaping up!


I read a lot in August, but didn't finish many books because I devoted my reading time mainly to one really big book (that I didn't finish until September).  Here's what I finished in August:
I also read about a quarter of Silent Spring by Rachel Carson, a classic nonfiction book from the 60's that was so powerful, it was partly responsible for the creation of the EPA.  I was reading it for a library book discussion, and it was very interesting, but I just didn't have time to finish it.

I enjoyed all three of those books, but the best was Okay for Now, an absolutely stunning novel and an excellent audio production.

I didn't add much to my 2012 Reading Challenges this month, except for one very important item:  The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls was set in Delaware, our tiny state, so I added that to my Where Are You Reading Challenge.

What was your favorite book read in August?


No comments:

Post a Comment