Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fall Into Reading Challenge Question #12

You may recall that I have joined the Fall Into Reading Challenge hosted over at Callapidder Days.  She is posing a question each week.  I  have missed a few weeks as the holiday season got busy, but this week's question is:

Christmas is quickly approaching. What book- or reading-related gift would you love to receive for Christmas?

Oh, this is an easy one for me.  In fact, my husband has been complaining that I haven't given him any gift ideas...but I gave him a list of books I want weeks ago!  I've really been trying not to buy books for myself this past year, to save money.  I use the library and borrow from friends.  So, it's a wonderful treat to get new books for my birthday and Christmas.  I like to give my husband a long list of books, so that he can have some fun choosing which ones to get me.  Here's the wish list I gave him:

"Here is a list of books I would LOVE to read!
  • Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
  • Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
  • Time and Again by Jack Finney
  • Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
  • The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards
  • Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
  • Faith by Jennifer Haigh
  • Great House by Nicole Krauss
  • Solar by Ian McEwan
Oh, I could go on and on - so many good books!  But these are some of the ones I want to read most."

Then I had to tell him the very next day to remove Freedom from my list.  I always tell my kids they're not allowed to buy anything for themselves in the month before Christmas, but I broke my own rule when I saw a copy of Freedom at our used bookstore for just $2!  Just couldn't pass that one up...

And I bought LOTS of books to give as gifts this Christmas, but I can't tell you about those, in case anyone in my family reads my blog.

How about you?  What books or book-related gifts do you want to receive for the holidays?
 

2 comments:

  1. What a great list!

    I'd love to get a copy of Moby Dick in Pictures for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I Go To Sleep and Faith is on my list to read too. I have both in house... just need to get to them :)

    ReplyDelete