Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Books Read in April

April showers brings May flowers, right?  So how come it's still raining?  Ah, well, it is May already, no denying it.

I read some very good books in May, though not very many.  Two of the books I read were over 700 pages (one I am still working on), so that cut into my normal monthly reading time, plus I am in the middle of 3 books right now (one I'm reading, one audio, and another audio with my family), so May should be a good month!

So, this month, I focused on Quality, not quantity:
Just 4 books, but I enjoyed all of them.  I read a very nice mix this month - one adult novel, one memoir, one teen novel, and one kids' novel.  I guess The Forgotten Garden would be my favorite, but I really hate to choose just one.   I even managed to keep up with my reviews this month!

Where Are You Reading update:  I added several new locations to my map this month, though I had to skip The Kind of Friends We Used To Be because its location is never named.  My new tallies:

8 U.S. States:

  • Pennsylvania
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Massachusetts
  • Maryland
  • Connecticut
  • California
  • New York
Plus:
  • UK (3 locations now)
  • Afghanistan
  • Pakistan
  • Rome, Italy

All in all, a good month for books.  What was your favorite book read in April?

2 comments:

  1. I read 5 books in April (one of which was a reread for a book club). Of the 4 new to me titles, none were amazing, but my favorite was The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look for that one, Pam!

    ReplyDelete