Wednesday, January 01, 2020

First Books of 2020!





Happy New Year!!


For the past seven years, Sheila at Book Journey has hosted First Book of the Year, where readers from all over the world post photos with the first book of the new year that they're reading. Here's mine:


Wow, I look tired! I'm not used to staying up till midnight! ha ha But the important thing about this photo is what I'm holding (which you can't see too well) - my TWO First Books of the Year, one in print (on a Kindle) and one on audio.

I was all set with my First-of-the-Year choice (Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday, a Christmas gift) when I realized I hadn't yet read the book choice for my neighborhood book group ... which is NEXT week! Oops - poor planning. But I chose something I have been wanting to read for my audio book.

So, my two First Books of the Year are:
Running on Red Dog Road: And Other Perils of an Appalachian Childhood, a novel by Drema Hall Berkheimer (on the Kindle for book group)

Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center (on audio on my iPod)

What is YOUR first book of the year?

4 comments:

  1. I think you'll like Things You Save in a Fire, I certainly did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost finished with it now, Helen and loving it!

      Delete
  2. Mine was Such A Fun Age, which unfortunately was a bit disappointing, I hope yours are better.
    Happy New Year 🥳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good! Hope your second book ofg the year is better!

      Delete