Yes, you read that title correctly - it is now the end of July and this is just my June summary! Trying to catch up after a month away.
Anyway, June was a good reading month. Here's what I finished:
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, YA audio (South Carolina)
- A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson, historical fiction (UK)
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline, historical fiction (Minnesota)
- Nest by Esther Ehrlich, middle-grade audio (Massachusetts)
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce, fiction (UK)
- Revolution by Deborah Wiles, middle-grade historical fiction (Mississippi)
- The Baby-Sitter's Club: Kristy's Great Idea by Ann B. Martin and Raina Telgemeier, middle-grade graphic novel
I enjoyed all of these books. I read a nice mix of middle-grade, teen/YA, and adult books but all fiction. OK, I tried, but I seriously can not choose a favorite from June - I really loved all of these. It was a spectacular reading month!
Update on 2015 Reading Challenges:
For my 2015 Where Are You Reading Challenge, I added just 1 new state to my list. I read just one book from my own shelves for my Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2015 - really need to work on that! I listened to two more audio books for my 2015 Audio Book Challenge, and added no books to my 2015 Nonfiction Reading Challenge. No classics last month, either (need to work on that one, too). No new countries for my Travel the World in Books Challenge, either. However, I read two big books in June for my own Big Book Summer Challenge - hey, that's the important one, right?
What was your favorite book(s) read in June?
|Join the Big Book Summer Challenge!|