We had a nice quiet weekend, but now it's back to reality - long to-do list, errands to run, over 200 unread e-mails from that relaxing weekend!
We enjoyed some good books last week, though:
- Last night, I just finished (stayed up too late!) UnSouled by Neal Schusterman, book 3 of the Unwind Dystology (yes, they created a word for it). This series is just sooo good! My son is planning to re-read book 1 this summer, then catch up on the rest of the series, and my husband and I are eagerly awaiting book 4.
- I went a whole week without listening to an audio book - caught up on my favorite book podcasts instead.
- Today, I am going to start Tomorrow There Will Be Apricots by Jessica Soffer for a book discussion next week hosted by my local bookstore, where a local chef will prepare foods related to the book while we discuss it. Can't wait!
- My husband, Ken, is still reading The Expats by Chris Pavone, an e-book I bought on sale for our joint Kindle account. He's enjoying it very much - he says everything is beginning to come together now!
- Jamie, 19, finished Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb, book 1 of the Farseer trilogy.
- Now Jamie is reading the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson on his Kindle. He finished book 1, Mistborn, and is now reading book 2, The Well of Ascension.
Review of The Here and Now by Ann Brashares, a teen/YA audio book
Summary of Books Read in May - a record-breaking month for me!
What are you and your family reading this week?
What Are You Reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, with a kid/teen version hosted by Unleashing Readers.
Remember, this is the perfect time to sign up for my Big Book Summer Challenge! You only need to read one book, 400 pages or more, this summer to participate, so join the fun!