- Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson, an original and suspenseful psychological thriller, read for one of my book groups.
- Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voight, a warm and tender middle-grade/teen novel.
- Faith by Jennifer Haigh, a thought-provoking novel by one of my favorite authors, read for my other book group.
- Leisl and Po by Lauren Oliver, a fun and adventurous middle-grade audio book about a girl who befriends a ghost.
- Dead To You by Lisa McMann, a compelling teen/YA novel about a boy who was abducted years ago and returned to his family.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, a magical, thoroughly unique novel.
- The Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriguez, a fascinating teen/YA memoir.
All of these books were good. In fact, they were all excellent; I don't think I can pick a favorite this month. OK, if you twist my arm, Dead To You was probably my favorite among favorites, with Before I Go To Sleep a close second.
For my 2012 Challenges, I added only 1 new state, Maryland, to my Where Are You Reading 2012 list. The rest were all repeats (still reading lots of books set in England!). I read nothing at all from my TBR shelves this month - all library books and new review books. And no dystopian novels (though June will take care of that!). I squeezed in one memoir just before the end of the month, though. And I started my own first-ever challenge, Big Book Summer Challenge, so check it out and sign up!
What were your favorite books read in May?