Here's what we've been reading this past week:
- I finished Midwives by Chris Bohjalian last night. It's basically a legal drama about a midwife being tried for the death of one of her mothers and was very good.
- Today, I plan to start Goldstrike by Matt Whyman, a teen techno-thriller and the sequel to Icecore which I really liked. I'm in the mood for some fast-paced suspense.
- My husband, Ken, realized halfway through Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld that he'd already read it! That's not the first time one of us has done that!
- Ken is now reading Unwind, Neal Schusterman's amazing teen dystopian novel - I've been bugging him to read it for ages!
- My 17-year old son, Jamie, is re-reading a favorite series, the Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan so that he can read his latest one, Book 8: The Kings of Clonmel. So far, he has read Books 3 and 4 (we think we lent Books 1 and 2 to a friend).
- 13-year old Craig is reading Revenge of the Witch, Book One in the series The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney and enjoying it very much.
I also posted two lists - Top Ten Unread Books on my Shelf and Top Ten Unread Kids/Teen Books on my Shelf - and movie trailers for the upcoming adaptations of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Hunger Games. Both look so good!
What are you and your family reading this week?
(What are you reading Monday is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.)
P.S. One question stumped me this morning at school. A lot of the 8th grade girls enjoy Sarah Dessen's books, and I'm embarrassed to admit I've never read one! Anyone have suggestions of other books/authors for teens who like Dessen's novels?